Room 412, Building E1 5
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems
Campus E1 5
I lead the operating systems research group at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS). My research centers on the interplay of software and hardware in post-Moore systems — specialized systems comprising tightly integrated and co-designed hardware and software components.
Prior to joining MPI-SWS in August 2018, I obtained my PhD from the Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington. At UW I was part of the systems lab with Tom Anderson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, and Simon Peter (at UT Austin) as my advisors.
- 2021-03-04: I will serve on the PC for ASPLOS'22.
- 2020-11-04: Clockwork won a distinguished artifact award at OSDI'20.
- 2020-08-15: Our Clockwork paper was accepted into OSDI'20.
- 2020-08-04: I received $5K in Google Cloud research credits for our project on modular end-host networking simulations.
- 2019-12-20: I will serve on the PC for SPMA'20 (formerly SFMA),
- 2019-11-12: I will organize SOSP 2021 in Koblenz jointly with Peter Druschel and Keon Jang.
- 2019-12-03: Artem Ageev joins my group as the second full time PhD student.
- 2019-12-03: My first PhD student, Mehrshad Lotfi, joins my group.
- 2019-03-27: Tim presented TAS at EuroSys'19 and we have released the source code on github.
- 2018-12-21: Our TCP Acceleration Service paper was accepted in EuroSys'19.