Room 412, Building E1 5
Max Planck Institute for Software Systems
Campus E1 5
I am a tenure-track faculty member at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), where I lead the operating systems research group. I also serve in an adjunct faculty role at the Chair of Decentralized Systems Engineering at TU Munich.
My research centers on the interplay of software and hardware in post-Moore systems — specialized systems comprising tightly integrated and co-designed hardware and software components.
Before joining the tenure-track faculty, I was a research group leader at MPI-SWS for three years. Prior to joining MPI-SWS in August 2018, I obtained my PhD from the Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington. At UW I was part of the systems lab with Tom Anderson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, and Simon Peter (at UT Austin) as my advisors. My research career started at ETH Zürich, where I had the opportunity to do research in the Systems Group with Mothy Roscoe during my Bachelor and Master studies.
- 2022-05-07: Our SimBricks paper was accepted at SIGCOMM'22. Hejing will be presenting it in August in Amsterdam!
- 2022-04-04: Rajath presented FlexTOE at NSDI'22.
- 2022-02-21: Hejing Li joins us as a doctoral student, after her stint here as a research engineer.
- 2021-10-19: I am teaching the winter 2021/22 operating systems class at UdS.
- 2021-10-18: Artemio presented our ongoing work on networking DSA design exploration at the Cloud@MICRO workshop.
- 2021-10-01: I am now a tenure-track faculty member at MPI-SWS.
- 2021-04-30: SOSP 2021 will be virtual with a new general chair. I am staying on as treasurer and am looking forward to co-organizing SOSP 2023 in Koblenz.
- 2021-03-04: I will serve on the PC for ASPLOS'22.