I am a tenure-track faculty member (W2) at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), where I lead the operating systems research group. I also serve in an adjunct faculty role at the Chair of Distributed Systems and Operating Systems at TU Munich.
My research centers on the interplay of software and hardware in post-Moore systems — specialized systems comprising tightly integrated and co-designed hardware and software components.
Before joining the tenure-track faculty, I was a research group leader at MPI-SWS for three years. Prior to joining MPI-SWS in August 2018, I obtained my PhD from the Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington. At UW I was part of the systems lab with Tom Anderson, Arvind Krishnamurthy, and Simon Peter (at UT Austin) as my advisors. My research career started at ETH Zürich, where I had the opportunity to do research in the Systems Group with Mothy Roscoe during my Bachelor and Master studies.
- 2023-10-26: We wrapped up a successful SOSP'23, co-organizing it with many volunteers from the OS group, Vaastav presenting a paper, and Matheus and Jonas winning 1st and 3rd place in the student research competition!
- 2023-07-14: Blueprint was accepted at SOSP'23. Vaastav will present it in October in Koblenz!
- 2023-07-10: I am teaching the winter 2023/24 seminar/lab on Accelerating Applications with Specialized Hardware at UdS.
- 2023-04-05: Tejas Harith will join our group as a doctoral student.
- 2023-03-26: Hejing presented her ongoing work on parallelizing existing simulators at YArch'23.
- 2022-11-18: Bin presented our position paper on SimBricks for disaggregated systems at WORDS'22.
- 2022-05-07: Our SimBricks paper was accepted at SIGCOMM'22. Hejing will be presenting it in August in Amsterdam!
- 2022-04-04: Rajath presented FlexTOE at NSDI'22.
- 2022-02-21: Hejing Li joins us as a doctoral student, after her stint here as a research engineer.
- 2021-10-19: I am teaching the winter 2021/22 operating systems class at UdS.
- 2021-10-18: Artemio presented our ongoing work on networking DSA design exploration at the Cloud@MICRO workshop.
- 2021-10-01: I am now a tenure-track faculty member at MPI-SWS.
- 2021-04-30: SOSP 2021 will be virtual with a new general chair. I am staying on as treasurer and am looking forward to co-organizing SOSP 2023 in Koblenz.
- 2021-03-04: I will serve on the PC for ASPLOS'22.