MPI-SWS & Saarland University
last name at mpi-sws dot org
I am a Ph.D. student studying Computer Science at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), co-advised by Derek Dreyer and Deepak Garg.
Prior to joining the MPI-SWS in 2012, I worked as a research programmer
at Carnegie Mellon University under the direction of
Lujo Bauer (2006–12),
Bob Harper (1998–2006), and
Roger Dannenberg (1994–98).
Please see my CV for the full story.
- Programming language design and implementation, type systems, and type theory.
- Logical frameworks, proof assistants, automated deduction, and verification.
- Computer security and privacy.
I am interested in Kripke models and logics for concurrency and security; for example, in the design of concurrency logics that support compositional verification of security protocols.
- Robust and compositional verification of object capability patterns.
David Swasey, Deepak Garg, and Derek Dreyer.
To appear in OOPSLA 2017: Proceedings of the 2017 ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications.
- Iris: Monoids and invariants as an orthogonal basis for concurrent reasoning.
Ralf Jung, David Swasey, Filip Sieczkowski, Kasper Svendsen, Aaron Turon, Lars Birkedal, and Derek Dreyer.
In POPL 2015: 42nd ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 637–650, Mumbai, India, January 2015.
- Modeling and enhancing Android's permission system.
Elli Fragkaki, Lujo Bauer, Limin Jia, and David Swasey.
In Computer Security — ESORICS 2012 — 17th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, pages 1–18, Pisa, Italy, September 2012. Springer LNCS 7459.
- xDomain: Cross-border proofs of access.
Lujo Bauer, Limin Jia, Michael K. Reiter, and David Swasey.
In SACMAT '09: Proceedings of the 14th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies, pages 43–52, Stresa, Italy, June 2009.
- A separate compilation extension to Standard ML.
David Swasey, Tom Murphy VII, Karl Crary, and Robert Harper.
In ML '06: Proceedings of the 2006 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on ML, pages 32–42, Portland, Oregon, USA, September 2006.
paper in PDF,
- technical report: Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science Technical Report CMU-CS-06-104R, September 2006.
This is a significantly expanded version of our ML '06 paper.
- preliminary TR: Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science Technical Report CMU-CS-06-104, January 2006.
Superseded by our ML '06 paper.
|Post:|| ||David Swasey|
Campus E1 5
|Office:||Saarland Informatics Campus (SIC)|
Campus E1 5, Room 305
|Phone:||+49 681 9303-9210|