This document is intended to be a comprehensive, up-to-date list of all
known bugs, ambiguities, and other 'grey areas' in the revised Definition
of Standard ML , from serious technical problems to mere typos. It is
based on previous work by Stefan Kahrs, treating the original SML'90 Definition ,
and was a side result of developing the HaMLet implementation of SML .
 Robin Milner, Mads Tofte, Robert Harper, David MacQueen. "The Definition of Standard ML" (Revised). The MIT Press, 1997.
 Stefan Kahrs. "Mistakes and Ambiguities in the Definition of Standard ML". University of Edinburgh, 1993.
 Andreas Rossberg. HaMLet. 2001.
- 2001/10/04: Initial version.
- 2001/10/11: Added minor issue: carriage return is not included as supported contro character in source code (Section 2.5). Some small clarifications.
- 2004/04/13: Reconsidered and removed scoping subtleties for type names as an issue (Section 4.10).
- 2004/06/22: Added minor issue: parsing ambiguities with sequential specification make scoping of sharing constraints ambiguous (Section 3.4).
- 2005/01/13: Added minor issue: missing side conditions ensuring consistent aritie in rules 64 and 78 (Section 5.7).
- 2005/01/26: Added typo in rule 28 (Section 4.10).
- 2006/07/18: Added principality issue with functors (Section 5.7).
- 2007/01/22: Added typo in definition of cutdown operator (Section 7.2).
- 2013/09/18: Added predantic issue: datatype replication rules 18 and 72 allow non-datatypes (Sections 4.10 and 5.7). Minor editorial tweaks.