Hi! I am a PhD student at MPI-SWS (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems), Germany. My advisor is Prof. Rupak
I completed B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology (India) in 2012 and M.Tech in System and Control from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (India) in 2015. During my M.Tech, I was visiting TU-Berlin (Germany) for one semester (winter 2014-15) to work on my master thesis under the supervision of Anne-Kathrin Schmuck and Prof. Jörg Raisch.
I did an internship at MPI-SWS with Prof. Rupak Majumdar for three months in 2015, before joining as a PhD student with him in 2016.
My research interests are in formal verification and control of dynamical systems, which are either continuous or discrete, stochastic or non-stochastic, and with a distributed or a monolithic structure.
Please refer to my recent publications to know more.
Journals and Book Chapters
- Abstraction-Based Control Design (Lecture Notes)* with Rupak Majumdar and Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, Engineering Secure and Dependable Software Systems 53 (2019): 117.
- Compositional Synthesis of Finite-State Abstractions* with Rupak Majumdar, Anne-Kathrin Schmuck and Sadegh Soudjani, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2018. (arXiv)
- Efficiency and cost optimized design of an induction motor using genetic algorithm with Srikumar Mallik, Amal Barman, Dipten Maiti, Sujit K Biswas, Nirmal K Deb, and Sujay Basu, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2017.
Peer-reviewed Conferences and Workshops
- Symbolic Reach-Avoid Control of Multi-Agent Systems with Rupak Majumdar, Mahmoud Salamati, Sadegh Soudjani, and Mehrdad Zareian, ICCPS 2021. (PDF)
- Assume-Guarantee Distributed Synthesis* with Rupak Majumdar, Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, and Damien Zufferey, EMSOFT 2020. (PDF | talk video)
- Resilient Abstraction-Based Controller Design with Stanly Samuel, Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, and Daniel Neider, CDC 2020. (PDF | Poster)
- Accurate Abstractions
for Controller Synthesis with Non-uniform Disturbances with Yunjun Bai, ICFEM 2020. (PDF)
- Symbolic Controller Synthesis for Büchi Specifications on Stochastic Systems* with Rupak Majumdar and Sadegh Soudjani, 2019. (arXiv | talk video) - Was nominated for the ACM SIGBED Best Paper Award at HSCC 2020
- Incremental Abstraction Computation
for Symbolic Controller Synthesis in a Changing Environment with Yunjun Bai, Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, Damien Zufferey, and Rupak Majumdar, CDC '19. (PDF)
- Lazy Abstraction-Based Control for Safety Specifications* with Kyle Hsu, Rupak Majumdar and Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, CDC '18. (arXiv)
- Lazy Abstraction-Based Control for Reachability* with Kyle Hsu, Rupak Majumdar and Anne-Kathrin Schmuck. (arXiv)
- Multi-Layered Abstraction-Based Controller Synthesis for Continuous-Time Systems* with Kyle Hsu, Rupak Majumdar and Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, HSCC '18. (PDF)
- Compositional Construction of Finite State Abstractions for Stochastic Control Systems with Rupak Majumdar, Sadegh Esmaeil Zadeh Soudjani and Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, CDC '17. (arXiv)
- Supervisory controller synthesis for decomposable deterministic context free specification languages with Anne-Kathrin Schmuck, WODES '16.
External links: Google Scholar | DBLP | Researchgate
* Paper with alphabetically sorted list of authors. If you are wondering why this is meaningful, check out this 2004 statement of American Mathematical Society on this topic.
- Logic and Verification Seminar (teaching assistant), TU-Kaiserslautern, Summer 2019.
- Complexity Theory (teaching assistant), TU-Kaiserslautern, Winter 2017-18.